In the unfortunate event that your item has a manufacturer's defect or an issue with its construction or assembly, you have 3 options for warranty claims:
- If the item was purchased within 30 days, contact us with a description and photos that show the problem. If the issue is covered by the manufacturers warranty we will issue a replacement item or a store credit. This is handled on a case-by-case basis, replacement items may not be available, and additional shipping costs may be incurred.
- If the issue develops outside of the 30 day window, you will need to contact the company or brand that produces the item. Many of the companies we carry offer extended warranties, but require direct contact from the customer.
- Contact the manufacturer directly. Most of the brands we carry have a manufacturer's warranty, and often faster turnaround can be achieved if you contact them directly.
Regular priced items must be returned within 30 days of receiving.
- All products must have all original tags still attached and original packaging as well as any warranty cards.
- The item must be unused and in mint condition.
- The customer is responsible for all shipping & handling charges related to the return. See below for order error returns.
- If we made an error with the order, you must return the item but we will cover shipping costs.
- All sale items are FINAL SALE! They are non-refundable.
How to Return/Exchange an Item:
We do not do exchanges online, but you can mail back your item for a full refund and place a new order for a different item.
To RETURN an item, contact us to receive an authorization number, then package your return as compactly & securely as possible (with all tags!) and send to:
Island Toys & Hobbies
1020 Farwell St.
IN CANADA: Please send all returns via INSURED, prepaid, regular parcel post (Canada Post).
FROM THE US: All returns from the US, MUST be sent via USPS. We will be unable to accept any returns sent through other carriers. Please send all returns from the US via INSURED surface mail. IMPORTANT: Be sure to write on the shipping label "Returned Defective Item". Thanks!